This new cruiser replaces the current D62 and uses space even better, making the boat feel roomier than you would expect: the access to the foredeck is facilitated by the large portside steps freeing up extra room in the center of the boat for a cabin access door. Knowing how important storage is on a boat this size, we have installed dedicated storage for the fenders, a storage solution for the Bimini that completely disappears below the deck and other storage areas below the seats and the deck as well as in the cabin.
The D65 presents a variety of features, including:
- A versatile cockpit area that is highly customizable and can easily be transformed into a socializing and dining area or a spacious sun lounge. The backrest can face forward, backward or be laid horizontally to extend the sun lounge further and facilitate access to the water.
- The deep cockpit area and the high freeboards provide safety for children and adults alike when seating or moving around the boat and make it easy to walk from bow to stern.
- A large and ergonomic helm with instrumentation and mounting space for a 9” GPS/Chart plotter and plenty of room for additional instrumentation if you seek an automated optimal engine performance.
- A unique deck layout that guarantees convenient access to both the cabin and the foredeck. The foredeck steps, located on portside, free up space in the center of the boat and make the installation of a large cabin door possible.
- The U-shaped cabin seating can easily be turned into a comfortable double berth that sleeps 2 adults to spend the night aboard: measuring 2m x 1,77m, it offers even more storage space on the sides. The opening portlight and deck hatch also provide light and ventilation into the cabin. The cabin can be foreseen with an optional sea toilet.
- Fender storage space that can be upgraded into a galley that includes a sink with tap, a butane stove and a cockpit shower.
- The double co-pilot seat and the starboard flip seat make socializing and cruising even more pleasant.
- Multiple Mercury outboard engine configurations from 115 up to 225 hp in single.
The D65 is available with the Premium Edition which includes a ski mast, LED Courtesy lights, a refrigerator, a cockpit shower, a sink with tap, a butane stove and a sea toilet. The Premium Edition also contains the Electronic Pack which offers the GPS 9” Simrad NSS evo3, the Stereo Fusion and a Mercury VesselView link digital interface. This edition comes with shorter delivery times on top of an average cost reduction of 10% compared to picking the options individually.
The D65 will be presented at the Marstrand Boat Show in Sweden (August 24 to 26) then head to the Oslo Floating Boat Show in Norway (September 6 to 9). For more details, please check our events and fairs calendar on www.uttern.com
European Marketing Director Fedra Generini said: “The D65 will be the future classic and combines an elegant yet sporty design. Add the futuristic design of the new Mercury engines to this which will give you superior handling in combination with great fuel efficiency, and you have an irresistible package. Inside, the good looks continue: a well-proportioned sun lounge, a teak dining table with seating space for up to 5 people, a roomy cabin and smart storage solutions throughout the boat. I look forward to presenting the D65 this fall and learning about the consumer’s experience with the D65.”